Monday, March 7, 2011

Blue & Gold banquet

Friday was the annual cub scouts blue and gold banquet.  It was at St. Matthew's and a bit of a tight fit.  Harry got his wolf cub badge.  Cub scouts has been his most consistent activity for the past couple of years (outside of church school and regular school).  He seems to enjoy it and it is something he and Kevin can do together.  I was only a brownie for one year, so I am a bit out of my league, but I help where I can.  There are lots of activities to do and they are rewarded with a badge, bead or belt loop and so it is somewhat motivating to do the activities.  I think Harry just likes going to the meeting and spending time with other little boys outside of the school setting.  Meetings can be crazy with a bunch of excited little boys, but so far it seems like a worthwhile activity for Harry.  The blue & gold banquet was a nice event and it was nice that Harry won a little prize for knowing some random cub scout trivia.
sitting at the blue & gold dinner

The parish hall was very full!

At some point I came back to the table and K & H were taking silly pictures - to pass the time I guess?

inspecting the pin Harry won in the trivia quiz

No comments:

Post a Comment