Hello again,
It has been a while. Winter seemed long and full. I think I am still adjusting to having Harry in school and Robert is now 2 and a very busy little person. I don't have very much free time to myself these days. I also have had various distractions and I am trying to eliminate some and focus better on the important things. I have had the feeling often that I am simply not equipped for whatever challenge is in front of me. My modus operandi has been to just say, "Oh well, I still have to deal with it" and somehow things work out in the end. Not always perfectly, but they do work out.
One thing I discovered this winter which I think I am going to try my best to ignore this summer is a social networking sight called Facebook. I could put down a whole discussion about it. I think the summary would be, it is a fun game, but it isn't real life. Real life is talking to people face to face, playing with my children, stealing a few minutes to sit down and read a book and feel the cool breeze and hear the leaves rustling in shade.
My other distraction is my own fears of inadequacy and frustrations at not being able to do as much or what I really want to do. Like Paul, I know how I want to be and behave, but often the reality falls short. However, sometimes it does not and this summer boys. We are going to have fun! We are going to work to live life to the best
We've started to in our own ways. Robert and I spent yesterday morning at the playground and in our backyard playing (I did a couple of chores, but when Robert needed a playmate I was there). Yesterday afternoon Harry and I did experiments and reading together. After nap we all played with water balloons and of course I am the one who ended up all wet :-)
It is just the beginning of summer. I hope it will be a nice one. We're going to do our best.
No comments:
Post a Comment